Town Of Gayville Water & Sewer
The Town Of Gayville receives its water from Clay Rural Water but your water bill is payable to the Town of Gayville. The sewer is owned and maintained by the Town of Gayville. Your water and sewer bill is due by the 1st of the month (Delinquent fee of $20.00 if late). Payments are payable at the office of the City Treasurer, payment drop box, or by mailing in. The payment drop box is located on the South side of the city shop on Merchant Street.
- Monthly Water Charge: $25
- Monthly Water Usage: $0.40 Per 100 Gallons up to 7,000 Gallons
- Monthly Sewer Charge: $35
- Sewer Surcharge: $52.70
Payment Due By The 1st Of The Month
Monthly Garbage Charge: $20 (for 1 can)
The Town Of Gayville Contracts with Fischer Disposal for garbage collection. Garbage collection is once a week with garbage pick-up falling on Tuesdays for the residents and Wednesdays for dumpsters. The residential garbage is added onto your water/sewer bill. Bill is due by the 1st of the month. Business garbage rates are set by agent. Fischer Disposal can be reached at 605-202-0535 (Lonnie Fischer)
The garbage collector requires all garbage to be in an appropriate garbage receptacle supplied by the agent, not loose bags. If the driver cannot lift the garbage cans, he will not collect them. The garbage man will not take yard waste, furniture, carpet, appliances, etc. Please remove garbage can along the street after collection.
The Town of Gayville is powered by Clay Union Electric, a Touchstone Energy Cooperative. Your Clay Union Electric bill is due on the 20th of each month. Penalties are applied on the 21st if late. If your payment is still not received by the 28th at 8:00am, a $25 collection fee will be applied and a disconnect notice is mailed. Clay Union Electric can be reached at 1-800-696-2832 or (605) 624-2673. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 day a year for power outage calls. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm. Clay Union Electric urges customers to call 811 before digging.
Address: 410 E Cherry St., Vermillion, SD 57069.
Electrical Safety Tips:
Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment your co-op uses to get electricity to your home.
Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers and electrical boxes.
- Don’t climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes or balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call your Touchstone Energy co-op to get it.
- Keep a safe distance from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects such as antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line.
- Don’t touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.
- Keep children and pets away.
Keep A Safe Distance
- In case of a gas leak emergency call: 911 then 800-595-5325
- In case of a power outage/wires down call: 800-779-4443
If You Smell Natural Gas:
(Natural Gas Smells Like Rotten Eggs)
- Never try to locate the leak yourself.
- Do not use any devices that might create a spark such as light switches, phones, flashlights, garage door openers, gas or electric grills, or even computers. The spark could ignite the gas.
- Quickly extinguish all embers and flames including cigarettes, candles and fires.
- Leave the area immediately, and take others with you.
- Walk upwind from the source of the gas smell or the sound of leaking or blowing gas.
- Do not use cell phones until you have reached a safe location. From a safe location, call MidAmerican Energy at 800-595-5325 to report the odor.
Call Before You Dig!
Natural Gas Smells Like Rotten Eggs
Vast Broadband & Midco provide cable, internet, & phone to the Gayville community.
Phone: (605) 260-7400
Store Hours: M-F, 9am - 5pm, closed 1:15 to 1:45pm for lunch
Address: 2810 Fox Run Parkway, Yankton, SD 57078
Store Hours: M-F, 8am - 6pm, 8am - 12pm Saturday
Address: 2020 N Elm Street 3, Yankton, SD 57078.
Yard Waste Site
The town yard waste site is owned and maintained by the city. The site is only available to use by residents that live in the Town of Gayville. The site is free to use and is opened year-round. Only yard waste, leaves, trees, grass clippings and branches are allowed to be deposited at the site. We must maintain and keep the area free of garbage, plastic bags, metal, etc. or the area will have to be closed. Residents are reminded if you haul grass clippings or yard waste in plastic bags, you must empty and remove the bag from the area. Items such as plastic bottles, glass bottles and cans have been thrown at the landfill. Anyone seeing or knowing the person discarding such items please notify a board member or any town employee. The penalty for violations if convicted is a $100.00 fine. (Ordinance No. 75)
No one is allowed to burn or start the the landfill on fire. Burning is by "Authorized Personnel Only". Anyone caught or reported starting a fire at the landfill will pay the Fire Department's cost to put it out.