The Gayville Lutheran Church Congregation worships in a brick structure that was constructed in 1971.
Worships services are held on Sundays starting at 10:30am. Sunday School is held before church service and starts at 9:30am.
The Gayville Lutheran Church is located at the intersection of Washington and Davis Street in Gayville, SD.
The address is 307 Washington Street, PO Box 181, Gayville, SD 57031. Contact the church at (605) 267-4342 for further information.
On September 6, 1891, on a plot of land given by John and Christine Aaseth, the cornerstone of the Gayville Lutheran Church was laid. Work was started at once with Martin and Anton Dahl, Contractors. Members of the Ladies Aid purchased the church bell, and the building was heated by a large wood stove with kerosene lamps providing light when needed. In 1905, two acres of land were purchased from Holger Anderson for the Gayville Cemetery, for $160 dollars. In 1971, this church was torn down and replaced by a modern brick building which was dedicated in March 1972.